Nutrition and protein bars often make big promises. The problem is that not all bars are created equal. Once you cut through the hype and look past the flashy packaging on protein bar products, chances are what you’re mostly getting is a stiff dose of sugar and artificial ingredients.
It’s important to always read ingredient lists and understand what you’re putting into your body.
Of course, making your own bars puts you in 100% control of your ingredients. With so much going on in our lives, lots of people feel tired and run down with no energy to make their own food. But your health is so important and what you put in your mouth is either feeding your health or feeding disease.
Luckily, I’m sharing a new healthy protein bar recipe that contains all the essential amino acids you need to power through your day.
Vital Proteins is officially introducing a new dairy-free, high protein powder: Collagen Sports Greens!
Disclosure: I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase something mentioned in this post. The money goes into keeping my website alive.
This is perfect for anyone wanting to reap the benefits of clean collagen nutrition with the added benefit of 16 grams plant-based protein, along with the phytonutrient power of organic cocoa, organic fruits and organic vegetables.
What are Collagen Sports Greens?
- A dairy-free, high protein performance blend with 10g clean collagen nutrition + 16g plant-based protein from watermelon seed to aid in athletic recovery and performance
- Watermelon seed is an excellent source of B vitamins, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids from Sacha Inchi, which helps to promote a healthy inflammatory response and improve mood
- Much less gritty than other types of plant-based protein
- Phytonutrient power of organic cocoa and 17 organic fruits and vegetables with 6g fiber
- Probiotics + hyaluronic acid to improve digestion and increase moisture to skin and within joints
- Add to cold or hot water, non-dairy milk, desserts, smoothies, or oatmeal for a nutrient dense post workout refuel
- The ingredients: Organic Watermelon Seed Protein, Bovine Hide Collagen Peptides, Rooster Comb Extract (Hyaluronic Acid), Probiotics, plus 17 Organic Fruits and Vegetables.
- Paleo friendly, dairy free, and no added sugar
High Protein Chocolaty Protein Bars
4 scoops Collagen Sports Greens
2 cups oats
1 cup almond butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
- Mix together the wet ingredients until combine.
- Mix in the oats and Sports Greens until combine.
- Press into pan and chill for 1 hour.
- Keep in fridge for up to 5 days.
You can purchase a container of Collagen Sports Greens HERE.
Give this recipe and try and let me know what you think! It’s perfect for girls night or your next event. Everyone likes chocolate — which means everyone will love you!!!