Tell me what to eat!
Thinking of what to eat everyday can be daunting, especially if you’ve never had to think about it before.
You want to balance out your carbs, but don’t know what to eat. So I wanted to share with you a list of healthy blood sugar balancing snacks that I put together. These snacks are the perfect combination of ingredients to help keep your energy going all day “strong” and help to balance out your blood sugar.
You can also click –> –> HERE <– <– for a sample three day meal plan I created to help give you a better idea of what appropriate meal portions should look like.
Have any questions about what you should be eating to better control your blood sugar? Please comment below or send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blood Sugar Balancing Snacks
- 3 cookie dough protein energy bites (recipe here)
- ¼ cup – nuts, any kind! (pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts…)
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt + 3/4 cup berries
- 1 oz. cheese (cheddar, jack, string cheese) + small apple
- ¼ c. berries with unsweetened whipped cream
- ½ cup Guacamole + celery, jicama and bell pepper slices
- Small salad topped with pine nuts or sliced almonds, balsamic dressing and 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 Hard-boiled egg + salt and pepper + hot sauce (optional) + 6” corn tortilla
- Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella slices, basil, olive oil and vinegar
- Olives or pickles + 1 oz string cheese
- ¼ avocado drizzled with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- 3 ounces grilled chicken breast with pesto and 1 small peach
- Celery sticks with almond or peanut butter (unsweetened) + 1 tbsp raisins
- dark chocolate + ¼ cup unsalted nuts
- ¼ c. raspberries + ½ cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- ½ c. homemade sweet potato fries + 3 oz grilled chicken strips
- Quesadilla – 1 corn tortilla + 1 oz cheese + avocado + salsa/cilantro + greek yogurt (as sour cream; optional)
- Taco – 1 corn tortilla + chicken/beef/shrimp + cabbage + salsa + greek yogurt (optional)
- ½ c. beans or lentils + cheese
- Crackers of choice (15 grams carb limit) with 2 oz cheese, peanut butter, sardines OR tuna
- Apple + ¼ cup almond or 1 wedge laughing cow spreadable cheese
- ½ banana + peanut or almond butter (unsweetened) + 1 tbsp hemp or flax seeds
- ½ cup pineapple + cottage cheese
- ½ cup flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk + small handful almonds
- ½ cup hummus + carrots and celery sticks
- ½ peanut butter sandwich on sprouted wheat bread
- ½ turkey sandwich with avocado, lettuce and tomato
- Beet chips with ½ cup guacamole
- Smoothie: ¼ c. berries, ½ c. plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp chia or (ground) flax seeds.